Old January 11th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default OY.....ster

In message , Bob Adams
writes
I would suggest that what we have on this newsgroup is pretty unique.
Not only do we have a regular poster who was part of the Oyster design
but we also have a (bit touchy) front line staff member who is trying to
make sense of the Oyster rules.

I *do* hope you really meant touchy-feelie front line staff member.
The only time I've taken exception to someone's attitude while replying
to an Oyster question was when I was blatantly told I was talking
*absolute rubbish*
Would you be able to reply to that with equanimity?
(Hmm, maybe you've just made a self-fulfilling prophecy ;-))

The fact that both of them are finding it confusing tells me that it is
unrealistic to expect Ken to know any more than what the PR releases
tell him. (Which as we all know - is not a lot!)

I can't say I find it particularly confusing, mostly because we have
brilliant ticket office staff who take the time to explain new
procedures to me even though I don't have the training for their work.
I always try to get good up-to-date information from them, from the
helpline and from just about anywhere available to me, before I post
anything.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.