Old March 2nd 10, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
cj cj is offline

Default Ealing Broadway to Wandsworth Road

On Feb 10, 9:51*pm, cj wrote:
On Feb 10, 9:58*am, Offramp wrote:

Does anyone know if the rail replacement bus still runs twice a week
on theEalingBroadway toWandsworthRoad route? I think I read that
rail services were going to continue from December 2009.

A question was asked in parliament in Jan regarding this service:http://tiny.cc/fr5ig(Hansard)
I recall (from somewhere!) that the plan is to runWandsworth- KPA -Ealingaround 12:00, with a return back toWandsworthjust after
13:00. Not sure what stock or where it'll reverse etc!
~cj

The services that will put the 'ghost bus' to rest have appeared in
the timetables from 24th May as follows:

10:48 Wandsworth Road
11:11 Kensington Olympia
11:13 Shepherd's Bush
11:30 Ealing Broadway

12:07 Ealing Broadway
12:29 Shepherd's Bush
12:32 Kensington Olympia
12:50 Wandsworth Road

I'm just curious as to what stock Southern will use for this service -
seems a bit of a waste to have one of their DMUs so far off normal
territory for a good few hours. Unless dual-voltage stock is possible
for the whole route - how would it get from Ealing to Shepherd's Bush?
~cj