Old January 12th 04, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default OY.....ster

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:23:19 +0000, Bob Adams
wrote:

In message , Alek
writes
Hey.
I believe Hizzonor The Mayuh is on BBC Radio London`s John Gaunt show
tomorow and Gaunty is seeking questions,observations or just mad stuff to
put to the fellow on-air.
This represents an ideal opportunity to find out if the Capitals First
Citizen is fully au-fait with OYster or whether like many within TfL he is
simply "Sucking and Seeing"...?

I would suggest that what we have on this newsgroup is pretty unique.
Not only do we have a regular poster who was part of the Oyster design
but we also have a (bit touchy) front line staff member who is trying to
make sense of the Oyster rules.

Err who was on the project team over 5 years ago and who has not had
access to the latest design documentation. I understand the theory of
the system but do not know the "as designed" detail. The people who are
posing questions often ask on the basis of a detailed personal scenario.

The fact that both of them are finding it confusing tells me that it is
unrealistic to expect Ken to know any more than what the PR releases
tell him. (Which as we all know - is not a lot!)

Actually I would expect John Gaunt to keep the issues broad and generic
and not put Ken in the position of answering a detailed Oyster Card
problem on air. Having read the transcript of the last show that seemed
to be the general way he runs these telephone chat sessions.
--
Paul C