Old March 6th 10, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Stockton John Stockton is offline

Default What is the 969 bus for?

In uk.transport.london message ,
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:47:25, Paul Terry posted
In message , Arthur
Figgis writes

Given the absence of such strategically vital bus links as the N213,
presumably there is a really good reason for the 969 to exist - but
what is it?

As said by Barry, it is a remnant of the mobility bus network. FWIW, it
passes the end of my road on its infrequent visits, and I don't think
I've ever seen anybody on board.

I think I might sound like Margaret Thatcher on the Chelsea-Hackney
line if I asked why anyone from Whitton should ever want to go to Asda
in Putney Vale.

More likely to Roehampton Disability Centre - one website for which
seems currently disabled - and/or
http://www.limbless-association.org/. But I know that that Asda gets
customers from near here, which is a not dissimilar distance.

A cached version of the missing site shows malformatted 0207 telephone
numbers for the London Centre for Dementia Care. Other London numbers
on that page, for other afflictions, are 020.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.07 IE 8.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms