Old March 7th 10, 06:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David E Newton[_2_] David E Newton[_2_] is offline

Default London Black Cabbies learning to keep quiet, but...

Basil Jet wrote:
redcat wrote:
I used to think they
have eye problems until I found that they brake and give way to their
own, but not to pedestrians, even when the pedestrian is in the right
(or in danger of being knocked down).

Most people walking across a pedestrian crossing who see a car coming will
keep their eye on the car just in case it tries to run them over, whereas if
they see a taxi coming they have peace of mind and look away.

I think they're just trying to avoid eye contact with you, Basil :-)