Old March 8th 10, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster travelcard oddity

In message , Ian F.
writes

Just to say thanks for all the responses. I wonder what the likelihood
is of being penalised if you are found to not have an OEP when you need
one. Depends on the individual gripper, I suppose.

According to the London Travelwatch meeting on 18/2/2010 TfL reported
that Penalty Fares for a lack of OEP when needed "are not yet being
enforced".

The same meeting was told that ATOC are monitoring the usage of OEPs
"and will decide whether to continue OEPs by June 2010".

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they are abandoned, given that
only 3% of passengers are using them correctly.
--
Paul Terry