Old March 8th 10, 10:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default BAA & HEX/CONnect Cash In On Tube Line Closure

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 03:15:02 -0800 (PST)
TonySK14 wrote:

B2003

Personally I'd just take a taxi

And pay =A360 - =A380 for the privalege because we all know that no one
has ever missed a flight from LHR because of traffic f*** ups on the
M4/A4/M25.

At least you can listen to the travel news while you go there and the cabbie
can switch to a different route if theres a problem. If you get stuck in a
tube tunnel because some dick of a driver hasn't turned up on time for his
shift and the trains are backing up or someone has decided to top themselves
at acton station what other options do you have? Figure out 3 changes of
bus and miss the flight anyway? To hell with that.

Sorry, but I wouldn't trust the tube to get me anywhere on time anymore and
I've voted with my wallet even if taxis do cost a lot more. Sod TfL and LU.

B2003