Old March 8th 10, 10:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default BAA & HEX/CONnect Cash In On Tube Line Closure

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:42:33 +0000
Ivor The Engine wrote:
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:08:22 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

The only reason they can still charge extortionate fares is because there
are enough mugs willing to pay them.

Are you talking about HEx, or taxi firms?

HEx. It would be worth the cost if it went to central london but it terminates
at paddington and so most people are going to have to get the tube anyway.
So whats its point? You might just as well get the tube in the first place
from heathrow.

What are the cheapest options for getting into central London from
Heathrow?

Piccadilly line if you want to risk it.

Boltar World is a very odd place. I'm glad I live in the real one.

Why? If I've forked out a grand on a holiday whats 50 quid for a taxi to make
sure I actually make it to the airport? Plus its door to door , no lugging
suitcases along streets and in train stations and waiting for a train to
actually bother to show up.

B2003