Old March 8th 10, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_4_] Clive Page[_4_] is offline

Default Bloody Oyster

In message , Walter Briscoe
writes
things within a week. If not, you have several alternatives. I would not
advise using a London Underground Ticket Office as, IMHO and experience,
the staff have inadequate power to resolve problems. I would not use the
Oyster helpline in 0800 - 2000 at 0845 330 9876 unless I had 30 minutes
for the call.

My experience (reported on another thread) was similar. I called at a
Tube ticket office which claimed that they had resolved my unresolved
journey, and indeed some sort of confirmation message flashed up on the
screen, but it wasn't actually solved, I was had still be overcharged by
about £6 for the supposedly capped day. I only had to spend 29 minutes
on the phone to the Oyster Helpline the following day. I suppose that
means half-an-hour is a good average figure to aim for on the phone.

I have hope in . I am unable to put
my hand on Tfl's budget for a reply. I think it is 10 working days.

Thanks for posting that - I'll try that next time (if I haven't already
destroyed my Oyster card in anger before that).

--
Clive Page