Old March 8th 10, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default London Black Cabbies learning to keep quiet, but...

Ian F. wrote:
"redcat" wrote in message
m...

I'm not talking about the rest of the planet. I'm talking about one
thing only, the subject of the article: black cabs.

In the main, black cab drivers - and in particular the younger ones -
are rude, ignorant and unhelpful. I've lost count of the number of times
I've seen one sit behind his wheel smirking while an elderly man or
woman struggles to load a suitcase into the cab. I've never seen that
happen in any other country.

They are also appallingly aggressive drivers who have never knowingly
let anyone pull out in front of them, or given way to another vehicle if
they haven't had to.

On the other hand, some are a delight. I had one yesterday going from
Baker Street to Swiss Cottage - lovely old guy who took the time to
explain to me why he was going a slightly longer route (to avoid road
works).

Ian

Sly, Ian :-)

For a minute, from the earlier replies, I thought I walked in a parallel
London.