Old March 8th 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Oyster travelcard oddity

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Ian F.
writes

Just to say thanks for all the responses. I wonder what the likelihood is
of being penalised if you are found to not have an OEP when you need one.
Depends on the individual gripper, I suppose.

According to the London Travelwatch meeting on 18/2/2010 TfL reported that
Penalty Fares for a lack of OEP when needed "are not yet being enforced".

The same meeting was told that ATOC are monitoring the usage of OEPs "and
will decide whether to continue OEPs by June 2010".

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they are abandoned, given that
only 3% of passengers are using them correctly.

Surely, if the above is true then we can help with the "sad but unavoidable
demise" of OEPs by encouraging the world + dog (& the dog's vet) to never
get or use an OEP! UKTL campaign troop...Hoo!
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.