Old March 9th 10, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Freedom Pass "Expiring Soon"

On Feb 2, 3:55*pm, "Batman55" wrote:
"John Ray" wrote in message

On 01/02/2010 22:45, Batman55 wrote:

I did know about the photo requirement, having had a letter from the
Council about a month ago which detailed the procedure. I had however
forgotten that the renewal dates were imminent, which is why, no doubt,
was getting the warning messages. Anyway, I downloaded the form and took
it with ID etc and a photo to the Post Office this afternoon. Thanks to
all for the advice.

--
John Ray

I did the same, but the queue was so long (even longer than
pre-Christmas)
that I gave it up as a bad job. Try again tomorrow maybe.

MaxB

I had to queue for nearly 25 minutes.

--
John Ray

Went back today (only a 15 minute queue) to find a badly written sign saying
"Sorry UNABLE to process freedom cards"! and don't know when they will be..

Good thing I just love queuing in the Post Office.

MaxB- Hide quoted text -

The issuing of the new Freedom Passes is turning into a fiasco. A
number of London Councils are reporting delays. I applied for mine as
early as possible - actually about 6 weeks ago. IT HAS STILL NOT
ARRIVED. Yet there is no-one that will take ownership of this. The
Council said I had to report it to the Post Office. The PO said to
phone a premium rate 0845 no. - but this was always engaged. Emails to
the Council Complaints address results in no useful advice. I know
that no delivery has been attempted because no 'red card' has been
left. Bearing in mind the high value of these Passes I am suspecting
that the postal sorting staff have lost or stolen it.

CJB.