Old March 9th 10, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Freedom Pass "Expiring Soon"

On Mar 9, 12:55*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Mar 9, 12:32*pm, CJB wrote:
[snip]
The issuing of the new Freedom Passes is turning into a fiasco. A
number of London Councils are reporting delays. I applied for mine as
early as possible - actually about 6 weeks ago. IT HAS STILL NOT
ARRIVED. Yet there is no-one that will take ownership of this. The
Council said I had to report it to the Post Office. The PO said to
phone a premium rate 0845 no. - but this was always engaged. Emails to
the Council Complaints address results in no useful advice. I know
that no delivery has been attempted because no 'red card' has been
left. Bearing in mind the high value of these Passes I am suspecting
that the postal sorting staff have lost or stolen it.

OH MY GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.

Sounds like things are not going completely smoothly. Given this I'm
quite sure that the old passes will continue to be accepted for travel
after 31 March, if not by the validators then by visual inspection.

Being brutal, it sounds as though this is one of those kinds of things
that people who haven't got anything better to do decide to get worked
up about. I know a couple of people who's new pass hasn't arrived yet
and they're not stressing out about it.

Dunno why I'm bothering to write this though...

In retrospect the above was a bit harsh. I can see someone who relies
on their Freedom Pass for getting around being a bit worried if the
replacement hadn't turned up despite them applying in plenty of good
time. Hard to say whether CJB's problem is that the replacement has
not yet been processed by London Councils (well, their contractor), if
the card has been produced but got lost in the post, or some other
problem such as the approved application form never making it beyond
the Post Office to London Councils (my experience is that POs are
actually quite good at dispatching such paperwork though).