Old March 9th 10, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Oyster travelcard oddity

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

And if the level of publicity about OEPs at stations served by SWT

is
similar to National Express ones, how is the layperson going to

hear
about
OEPs?

Every SWT station got the "Oyster PAYG on NR" leaflet on its rack

which
has OEP information (just like the LU leaflet with the same title).

I can't say the leaflets leapt out at me when I was last at Waterloo

or
Ewell West, to take two extreme cases. And it's all very well being

buried
in a leaflet but are there any posters up around ticket offices that
actually try to grab passengers' attention?

Given the publicity about the extension of PAYG, looking for a leaflet
or at a website seems a reasonable thing for a "layperson" to do.

At Waterloo the racks are in the middle of the concourse, next to the
racks with pocket timetables for all SWT and Waterloo East services. I
also noted them at Walton-on-Thames and Barnes Bridge in the racks that
hold the leaflets for Network and other railcards.

Posters are currently being used for publicity for the Super Off-Peak
evening restrictions that were also introduced in January. It would be
difficult to conduct two at once and reasonable to stick to leaflets
except possibly at Richmond and Wimbledon.

Does TfL have a postal address for every Oyster TC of 1 month or more ?
Posting a leaflet to all that are not zone 1-6 or more would work.

--
Mike D