Old March 11th 10, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Replacement boat service on the Jubilee Line this weekend

On Mar 11, 8:14*am, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
,
Offramp writes

I have read that owing to the entire Jubilee Line being hors de combat
over the weekend that there are - very unusual this - replacement
boats. They will run East India to North Greenwich after 16:00 on both
days.

On replacement buses the driver never looks at tickets; I wonder will
the admiral look at them on the boat?
Also, I wonder why the time of 4pm was chosen?

Probably for concerts at the O2, which start at 6.30pm on Saturday and
7pm on Sunday.

Indeed.

The O2 also runs their own "O2 express" boat service between Waterloo
and the O2 for concert goers - it's pre-booked journeys only (and it's
actually run for them by Thames Clippers).

See the blurb at the top of this PDF "transport guide" from the O2 for
those going to Saturday's Katherine Jenkins concert:
http://www.theo2.co.uk/images/PDF/mi...e-20100313.pdf

This link to the boat pre-booking page takes one he
https://booking.thamesclippers.com/o...clipper/page/1

The O2's "Getting to the O2" webpage has more...
http://www.theo2.co.uk/location/getting-there.html

Lastly I see that the map that's linked to in the PDF mentioned above
unhelpfully still shows the ELC replacement bus from the New Crosses
as running - though given the Jubilee isn't running, anyone coming
from down that way would be well advised to take the DLR from nearby
Deptford Bridge.