Old March 12th 10, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default Eusless

On Mar 12, 9:56*am, Mizter T wrote:

The HS2 plan for Euston is big - a £1 billion rebuild leading to 10
high-speed platforms and 14 'classic' platforms. It also commandeers
some space beyond the western edge of the current station perimeter.

Interesting.

Why on earth build three shorter domestic platforms when there appears
to be room to make them all the same length? (Or are they 16 and 12
rather than 12 and 8-car?)

I wonder what the intention for the Great Hall is? I hope they retain
one and don't go for a lower-ceilinged replacement like the temporary
dump down the road at Kings Cross.

Neil