Old March 13th 10, 12:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default HS2 expected to run alongside a dual carriageway in the Chilterns

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:09:10 +0000 someone who may be Tom Barry
wrote this:-

it's quite a nice modernist station that
works very well,

Euston is a good example of how well BR could do "modern"
architecture, not that this excuses demolishing the arch. Some of
the problems with it today are operational, such as not advertising
platforms early enough the most charitable explanation for which is
that there is not enough time and/or staff to clean trains in time.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54