Old January 13th 04, 12:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tour of London Underground

In article ,
(Ben Nunn) wrote:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Geoff Marshall
), in message
who said:
Oh.. I have... just once or twice. (Okay, six times actually!)

A chap called Jack Welsby hold the Guinness World Record for doing
this in 19 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds.

I once did it in 19 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds.

I was on TV back in October with my 4th attempt. It's available on
my website at:
www.geofftech.co.uk The programme features myself,
Jack, and an 'old timer' by the name of Bob Robinson who held the
record on and off for a period of twenty years during which he made
56 attempts.

My website has got the current GWR rules for doing it, and a list of
all other past challengers that I know about that have attempted it,
and 'current' challengers that I know about that are actively trying
to beat the time.

I set an unofficial record of 16h 56m 59s in October 1990 at the age of
13, at a time when no clear rules existed, and subsequently
unsuccessfully campaigned to have the rules defined in line with my
record - e.g. permitting the use of private vehicles.

The system has changed a lot since then, and I have little desire to
attempt the feat under the current rules. I can't run fast enough for a
start.

20 years before you, in 1970, we didn't even think of using anything other
than public transport and walking.

--
Colin Rosenstiel