Old March 15th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Meeting someone at Heathrow - Where? correction to original question

"Recliner" wrote in message
"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message
"joelpk" wrote in message
I had the wrong terminals

Later this month I am flying to LHR from the US and my friend is
flying in from Saudi Arabia. Our planes are about an hour apart early
morning arrivals.

We come in at terminals3 and 4. My friend to termnal 3 and me to
terminal 4. I would like to minimize my walking

Where would be a good place to meet, especially where
there is a place to sit down (the hips are not working like they use
to). Neither of us is familiar with LHR. We want to take the
Piccadilly line to Russell Sq

Thanks to those who answered my earlier post

Thanks in advance

T3 and T4 are well separated. To walk between the two would be a
major exercise, even if you wanted to. A map to help you visualise
http://www.baa.com/assets/Internet/Heathrow/Heathrow%20downloads/Static%20files/Heathrow_Airport_Car_Parksl_JAN%202009.PDF
and the official website about getting between terminals
http://www.heathrowairport.com/portal/page/Heathrow%5EGeneral%5EAirport+information%5ETravel+ between+terminals/aedd3db5569a9110VgnVCM10000036821c0a____/448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____/

The good news is that transport inside the airport is free. So, it
doesn't matter whether you take the underground or Heathrow Connect
or a bus between terminals; it won't cost anything.

No, travel on LU between T4 and T3 is *not* free (if you leave the
station), and has been pointed out, the T123 Underground station is a long
way from the terminal. It would be much better to use the faster Heathrow
Connect link, which is free, and involves less walking. Or, as you
suggest, arrange to rendezvous in the T123 Underground station.

You live and learn. But as you say, it doesn't change the idea of a
rendezvous on the platform of T123 (or whatever it's called at the moment).