Old March 17th 10, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster travelcard oddity

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:04:31PM +0000, Paul Terry wrote:
In message , David
Cantrell writes
They're clearly capable of learning, but it's not made obvious that
there is anything to learn in the first place. It certainly *appears*
to work the same way as the tube - slap your wallet on the yellow thing
and usually the barriers open (but at other times you need to do it
several times) just like at tube stations.

Except that the majority of NR stations don't have barriers.

My local one does. So if anything they should do even more to publicise
OEPs there because it's even less obvious that you might need one. But
they don't, there's exactly the same amount of it, just as poorly designed,
as there is at ungated stations on the same line.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

[OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
-- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery