Old March 19th 10, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Heathrow T3 exit time

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 00:32:05 on Fri, 19
Mar 2010, Theo Markettos remarked:
Would anyone care to hazard a guess at roughly how long it might take from
official landing time to exit Heathrow terminal 3 and walk as far as the
central bus station or tube, when arriving from a non-EU origin (but with
UK
passport) in the late evening (with luggage)?

I know there are loads of variables and I imagine the answer will be 'a
while' but just wondering about how tight onward connections might be at
that
late hour.

With hand baggage only, it's likely to be dominated by the walks (gate to
immigration, and terminal to station).

You must be lucky at EMA.

At any of the London Airports IME it is now very rare to queue for less than
20 minutes at immigration, though they are introducing machines which let
you avoid this queue if you have a "chip"" passport.

tim