Old March 19th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_5_] Peter Campbell Smith[_5_] is offline

Default Heathrow T3 exit time

Theo Markettos wrote in
:

Would anyone care to hazard a guess at roughly how long it might take
from official landing time to exit Heathrow terminal 3 and walk as far
as the central bus station or tube, when arriving from a non-EU origin
(but with UK passport) in the late evening (with luggage)?

I know there are loads of variables and I imagine the answer will be
'a while' but just wondering about how tight onward connections might
be at that late hour.

Published arrival time is usually touchdown time. I'd allow:
- 15 mins to taxi to the gate an get the doors open and an average person
out
- 10 mins to walk to passport control
- you might be lucky and get straight through, but I'd allow another 15
mins there
- baggage pickup ... hard to say but could easily be another 20 mins
- walk to the bus station maybe 10 mins including finding the right stop

That's 70 mins with a lot of possible variability (mainly in the upwards
direction).

Hope that helps.

Peter

--