Old March 19th 10, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow T3 exit time

In message , at 13:30:31 on Fri,
19 Mar 2010, Theo Markettos
remarked:
That's 70 mins with a lot of possible variability (mainly in the upwards
direction).

Thanks. I now discover that flightstats.com says my flight has an
'on-time performance' of 0.1 out of 5. Nice. Which means 27% of flights
are on time, with an average delay of 39 mins and a standard deviation of 36
mins.

From the advertised time, I have 2h30 to make the last bus at Victoria Coach
Station. There don't appear to be any sensibly-timed buses from Heathrow to
VCS, so that probably means taking the Picc+District and a walk (which I've
done before with luggage, takes about 15 mins) unless there's a niftier way
involving tube+bus.

I'm guessing this is too tight to be feasible? I should add that there is a
backup plan should the connection not work out.

I got to Victoria area this week on this schedule: (yes, I know it's a
different airport):

Landed 21.05 (5 minutes early) Middle of plane, exit via front steps
to apron, short walk to Terminal, long walk to transit
train, short but slow immigration queue (trainee), no
baggage.
Bought train ticket 21.22
Train departed 21.30
Liverpool St 22.19 (2 minutes late? Posters say it's 35 minutes. Hmm)
Circle Line 22.25 (Yes, I know, some people say change at Tottenham
Hale, but I wanted to use mobile Internet as much
as possible)
Victoria 22.46