Old March 19th 10, 03:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default Old Oak Common mega interchange

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:24:14 +0000, Tim Fenton wrote:

I'm of the belief that the likes of Simon Jenkins would quickly cease
their anti-Crossrail ranting once they had spent a few weeks as regular
commuters on the Central Line.

Yep. Having commuted on the Central Line for a number of years now, any
doubts I could have ever had that it's running MILES over capacity are
well have been well and truly slapped down.

I have the option of getting to work late (and then leaving late) at the
moment, so I get to Leyton at approaching 9am these days, and even then,
I have never got a seat in 2 years - if I ever do need to get to work for
9, meaning getting to Leyton at about 8-ish, I usually have to let at
least 2 or 3 trains go by before getting on. And even when I used to
travel from Bethnal Green at 7:15am, it would be sardines even at that
time.