Old March 20th 10, 11:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default Old Oak Common mega interchange

On Mar 20, 11:03*pm, kev wrote:
Just noticed this submission to HS2 by Parsons Brinckerhoff:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/hi...stakeholdersub...

see the diagrams and plans on pages 9, 10 and 20 in particular.

As well as a low level Crossrail/Great Western/HS2 station, they
suggest a high level station with:

*four West Coast Main Line platforms (for services either terminating
or going onto the West London Line)
*two Dudding Hill line platforms (so services could be run onto the
Chiltern and Midland Main lines)
*two North London Line platforms (effectively bays facing the Richmond
direction)
*two West London Line platforms

Intriguing. Quite a novel solution to the problem of serving both the
WLL and the Richmond Line, though it's not much use for through
service from the Richmond line heading north (be it to Willesden or
Cricklewood.) I'm also not entirely sure of the benefit of serving the
Chiltern and MML either, though I guess it's an extra pair of
platforms each they can both ill-afford at their respective termini.
Their flyunder destroys any possibility of reinstating platforms on
the slow lines at Willesden though, which would be a pity.

....with that much construction going on it'd be handy if the freight
loop at Olympia was extended through to this station to join the
proposed one there though. Might enable the WLL to have the decent
level of passenger service it needs.