Old January 13th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Milton Keynes - a choice of two operators

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:04:43 +0000, R W wrote:

Your ticket is also valid MK-Bletchley-Bedford-St Pancras or
Thameslink and MK-bus to luton/airport-St Pancras or Thameslink

While the former may be valid (I think it unlikely but not impossible) it
is definitely NOT valid via the latter. Only tickets explicitly issued to
the bus destinations (LUTON AIR BUS MK) are valid on the bus. I'm not
aware (as it's a Virgin rail link) of there being an explicit through
ticket in the other direction, and there is no scope for RailLinks
services to form the middle of a journey with rail at each end on a single
ticket (which is particularly silly for this service and, for that matter,
the X5).

*If* (and only if) the former is valid, however, you will be valid to pay
the bus fare then use your existing ticket from Luton (being south of
Bedford) to London by whatever route.

Clive?

Neil