Old March 25th 10, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default Best ticket option?

Usually it's pretty straightforward, but I can't figure out which is the
best (cheapest!) season ticket option (if any) for me to get now, having
recently moved.

Here's the situation:

I live in a flat close to Lewisham / Elverson Road stations, which are both
Z2/Z3 border.

I work in Canary Wharf (Z2) and travel in on the DLR to work. Sometimes
before 9. Sometimes not until about 9:45.

However, there isn't a cheap Z2 only season ticket to get, so if I got one
I'd need to choose Z1 or Z3 as well at an absolute minimum.

Probably about once a week, I'll travel back from work during the day, thus
making four journeys rather than two.

Most weekends I'll go to Zone 3, usually travelling via Zone 1. And then
come back.

About once every couple of weeks, I'll need to go to an actual destination
in zone 1.

All things considered, is my best option to stick with a Zones 1-3 Oyster?
Which seems absolutely bonkers, given that my daily commute is zone two to
zone two, crossing into no other zones!

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

BTN