Old March 30th 10, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default SWT hounded my family over £2 fine

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 06:32:09PM +0100, Arthur Figgis wrote:

A friend once got sent a fine for cycling without lights at a time he
could prove he was out the country. He was able to make some kind of
formal declaration that he knew nothing at all about it (it was
suspected that someone else had been stopped and had given his name).

Now that's *obviously* nonsense. Cyclists don't get stopped for
ignoring traffic regulations. Well, unless they get stopped rather
suddenly by the driver who didn't see them riding on a dark rainy
evening wearing dark clothes and with no lights.

Of course none of this means I'd take anything in the Standard at face
value....

I work on the assumption that if it's in the Standard, it should be
assumed to be a lie unless corroborated by a newspaper. This includes
the date on the front page.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Seven o'clock in the morning is something that
happens to those less fortunate than me