Old April 9th 10, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Jubilee Line gateline at Stratford is gone!

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4502772159/

Does anyone know why this gateline was finally removed?

As an interchange gateline, it was presumably thought unnecessary following
PAYG extension (although it may just be coincidence). It was pretty much
unique, as there are plenty of other stations where you can get into the
underground directly from other NR services, and the same requirement was
not applied to Central, DLR and LO at Stratford.

I think Paul Corfield has explained in the past that there was originally
thought to be too great a revenue risk at Stratford - that view must have
been challenged within LU I guess - and of course the maximum cash fare now
covers the costs if you touch out elsewhere on the Jubilee without touching
in.

It was first switched off last November or December sometime though, there
were posts here about it if you search back.

Paul S