Old April 10th 10, 07:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default "10-Car" South Central

On Apr 9, 10:25*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

I remain unconvinced of the 456's usefulness with SWT though. *The numbers
just don't fit if the aim is to run 10 car trains on their suburban services
either, 24 of them is only about half the number they'd need for their 455
routes.

But surely not all SWT will automatically be 10car ?

I think its right to say all routes will be 10car capable, but this
does not imply all trains all day have to be 10car, there will still
be 8car even 4car trains that won't need 456s.

Of course, all this may result in 6car trains as well ... where a
10car splits into 4 + 6.

--
Nick