Old April 13th 10, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Jubilee Line gateline at Stratford is gone!

MIG wrote:
On 13 Apr, 13:06, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 13, 12:58 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

By the by, FWIW I successfully used a pink interchange validator to
start a journey at Highbury & Islington [...snip]

Going back to the original yellow 'interchange validators' having
thought it through again. With extension to the NR routes they do
actually become a major PAYG loophole don't they. Your previous
suggestions about a 'soft exit' cover the situation. Transfer from
LU onto SWT at Wimbledon with a touch on an interchange validator
and the system will treat that as your exit - if you then don't
touch out on exit at an ungated station further down the line
you've saved a few zones. So perhaps most of them will be removed...

Yeah, you see where I'm coming from on that point.

But is it really any different from any other situation of travelling
without a valid ticket? If you were determined to use that kind of
"loophole"*, you could still touch at the wide gate.

But a touch at a wide gate would be a proper touch out, not one of Mizter
T's 'soft exits'. If gripped further down the line the 'soft exit' shows up
but your account is still 'pending' a final touch out. IIRC from previous
discussions it will time out eventually?

*It's not really a loophole, because it's simply travelling without a
ticket and, if you are gripped, you pays the price.

No, I think unless they've changed something you are still 'touched in'.
Others might be able to explain better.

Paul S