Old April 14th 10, 01:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Upgrading sub surface tube lines to 750V

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:37:22 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:08:00 +0100
"Peter Masson" wrote:
"Mortimer" wrote

Would signalling or GSM use such high voltages? I'd expect low voltages
for anything that didn't require large amounts of power and would
therefore incur I-squared-R losses. I thought that the proposed GW
electrification would be OHLE, so why would it need 650V supplies?

What voltage do point motors run at?

I can't imagine them running at 650V would be very healthy for the track
maintenance staff!

OH routes used to run 240v to locations remote from a public supply on
the topmost/outermost wires which were indicated by red insulators.