Old January 14th 04, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Find a name get the answer

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:22:07 -0000, "Anon"
wrote:

I posted the information not so people could complain as much as get
information from the ones who know. Hence asking to be polite and concise.
To say you should put everyone to the press department or customer services
is just silly.(They also get things wrong)

I'm sorry but I was simply explaining company policy. If you had any
idea how many E Mails senior people get in a day alongside everything
else they have to deal with you'd appreciate it was a non starter to
make an approach in that way.

Also if you were expecting a detailed reply it would get delegated to
the person who was closest to the detail to provide the answer. I should
know - I've had to do that in respect of queries from government
departments, ministers, the Mayor, students, other transport
organisations and many other people.

Can you imagine if you asked a member of staff which platform to go to and
they said they were under contract not to reveal the information.

And here you use the "ludicrous example" technique to try to make your
point. I cannot believe any member of LUL staff would be so daft as to
adopt that approach.

When it comes to passing information about service disruption onto
customers. I think you will find that frontline staff have as much
difficulty finding out as the travelling public.

I think it is getting marginally better but I would accept it is not
ideal yet.

As for no PA for seven years then maybe you should ask the local staff why
not. Try asking on a day when there is no disruption you may get a better
response.

for the original poster not Anon
which station is the original poster referring to and is their query
related to a particular day or time of day? There *may* be extenuating
circumstances like noise restrictions or something but I do find a seven
year gap very odd indeed.

--
Paul C