Old January 14th 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Negative balance Oyster on buses

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:21:34 -0000, "Anon"
wrote:

I phoned the oyster helpline and yes you will have a problem with the
negative balance. You will have to rely on the Bus Driver using common
sense.

On a bus? that makes no sense whatsoever. Why a bus reader would check
for functionality that is not yet enabled I do not know. Also it is
impossible to travel out of zone on a bus with a Travelcard because any
Travelcard for any zone works on any bus within the TfL bus network.
The card should only be rejected if the Travelcard was out of date or
the card had been hotlisted as lost or stolen.

I was told a member of staff tried to use thier staff pass and as it did not
work the sensor they were ask to leave the bus.

Which is completely the wrong thing to do because staff passes are
accepted by visual inspection on conductor buses so there is no reason
not to accept it on a cashless or pay as you enter bus.

I'm not expecting you to provide a reply - I'm just expressing an
opinion based on what you've repeated from others.
--
Paul C