Old January 14th 04, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Gate Codes + Oyster

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Kat wrote:

In message , simon
writes
Currently using a monthly Oyster with no pre pay on it.

Everytime I touch it on entry, the gate opens, seek assistance is
displayed, code 70 appears on bottom left corner.

The ticket is correct in terms of zone validity, anyone know what a
"Code 70 " is ?

Unspecified Oystercard Processing Error/Unspecified Card Presentation
Error. Make sure you place your card flat on the reader and don't slide
it around. I've noticed that 70 and 94 sometimes come up if the card is
either hovered over or moved about on the reader.

I was having a lot of trouble with mine, getting 70 and 71 errors. I keep
mine in my general wallet, so between the oyster and the reader there's a
layer of fabric, a donor card, and a layer of leather; i had been bringing
it up to the reader from above (so its approach vector was normal to the
plane of the reader), but i have now changed to sliding it on (so the
vector is parallel), and i no longer get the errors. It would seem that
the radio communication system is not very powerful.

tom

--
solvilvitur ambulando. copy a diamond shape, recording angel. .. ..