Old April 14th 10, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "10-Car" South Central

In article , (Pat
O'Neill) wrote:

"D7666" wrote in message

I can only offer cranky suggestions verging on the lunatic.

Such as - remove all the ex508 trailers from the 455/7s so make a
fleet of 3car 455s for 3+3+4, which along with the 456s/455s 4+4+2,
while the 43 ex508 trailers you make into 4 x 10car trailer sets and
have an EDL at each end, pedants noting that the 455 type control
cables on a 508 are 42way thus can accomodate EDL 27way m.u. control
merely by changing pinouts.

Kingston roundabouts then take on a whole new meaning.

--
Nick

Nice idea.
I never knew them as 'Kingston roundabouts'.
When I worked them it was 'Round the World', Windsor to Main or
Main to Windsor

It was the Kingston Roundabout in my childhood. That's 50 years ago. (Eek!)

--
Colin Rosenstiel