Old April 16th 10, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Q Q is offline

Default Upgrading sub surface tube lines to 750V

"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
nvalid...

Now join the three
neutrals into one; the three return currents, being of different phases,
add to nothing, with balanced loads; therefore the neutral, carrying
only off-balance currents, can be comparatively thin. See sig.

Or not... Subject to the type of load it is recommended that you up-rate the
neutral's

Capacitive loads, those with a poor crest factor and high THD will
(unchecked) burn your neutral bars/links out in no time at all.

This has been a big problem in I.T installs of ye olden days using current
kit and high density computing.

Then we get into the problems with kVAr...