Old January 14th 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Live ETA on Bakerloo Line

Thomas Crame wrote:
"Jaime" wrote in message
.. .
I see this new trial service on the tfl web site, seems like its a
reasomably good idea. Any idea if its avaliable via wap or if theres
a cut down text version sutiable for gprs browsing (too much data
on the normal page).

I've said this in other places but never before here. This IS NOT a
new idea. It is a development of an programme written for LUL staff
use only about five years ago. TfL have simply taken it over and given
the original program author no credit for it.

Many new ideas get trialled internally first. What you're saying is that a
program written for LUL staff use is now being used by LUL in the public
domain. Why do you expect an author's credit? Do you want vast lists of
names on their website like the credits on a film?

This is probably a good idea, as they have introduced a number of
problems with the ETA displays (look at Elephant and Castle for
example), which weren't in the original programme.

How did the original program deal with Elephant & Castle, then?
--
Richard J.