Old April 17th 10, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jeremy Parker Jeremy Parker is offline

Default Community Bike Ride!!

"tamsinomond@googlemail,com" wrote

[snip]

Kilburn and Hampstead is an area plagued with temper mental public
transport. Yet cycling, the obvious solution, can be hairy/scary..

Driving a car can be hairy/scary too, in that area, or anywhere.
That people work through that initial scariness shows that they think
driving a car is worth it. That people are not willing to ride
through that initial scariness on a bike shows that they think riding
a bike is not worth it.

Well, it's a free country, I guess.

With car or bike, instruction helps. For bikes you can get
subsidised, or even free, instruction from your local Council, which
is something you don't get for cars. Or else you can just read
"Cyclecraft". You do know about "Cyclecraft", I hope.

Actually, I find negotiating the Swiss Cottage Gyratory easier on a
bike than in a car

Jeremy Parker