Old April 19th 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Petrov[_2_] Martin Petrov[_2_] is offline

Default The TfL Journey Planner and the 25

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:34:08 -0700, Mizter T wrote:

On Apr 18, 10:11Â*pm, Walter Briscoe wrote:

In message of Sun, 18 Apr 2010
20:50:02 in uk.transport.london, Tim Roll-Pickering T.C.Roll-
writes

Has anyone else noticed that when either the Central Line and/or the
National Express service is down between Liverpool Street and
Stratford, the TfL Journey Planner seems to refuse to admit to the
existence of the No 25 despite it being the official recommended
alternative route (rail replacement buses don't seem to ever be laid
on)? I've been recommended all manner of bizarre alternate routes
around the houses, particularly via Walthamstow Central/Queens Road,
even when the 25 offers a direct, interchangeless journey.

Is this a standard TfL strategy or something exceptional for east
London?

I agree with what you found. I dispute your conclusion. I have just
checked stops onwww.tfl.gov.uk.

Eastbound: ... King Edward Street; St Paul's Station; Bank
Station/Poultry; King William Street/Monument; Great Tower Street; The
Tower of London; Mansell Street; Aldgate East Station; ... Westbound:
... Aldgate East Station; Aldgate Station; St Katherine Cree; St Mary
Axe; Bank Station/Cornhill; Poultry/Bank Station; St Pauls Station ...

i.e. it does not go very near Liverpool Street in either direction.

What makes you think otherwise?

May I dispute your disputation - Aldgate *is* very near Liverpool Street
station. Well, pretty near - less than half a mile.

It also goes past Bank, which means that even if it doesn't go right by
L'pool St, you can get yourself on the Central Line pretty easily at the
next stop....