Old April 20th 10, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 2009 stock **** poor interior design

wrote in message

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:18:37 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:
having the seats flush against a thin wall allowing a nice wide
isle with maximum space it actually looks like theres a bit less
space in the seating area than in a 67 stock.

I've mentioned in the past how the walls are getting thicker and
thicker, with chunky obstructions where people need to lean, and
wondered if the trains will eventually be solid with just enough
space inside to put the electric wires through.

It does begger belief really. They advertise the new trains as having
more space then wheel out a train that has the same or less than the
ones its replacing. What a complete waste of money. I wonder how much
of the recent fare increase was to pay for these pointless new trains.

Is it pointless to replace stock that's over 40 years old with faster,
longer and (supposedly) wider new ones?