Old April 20th 10, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default 2009 stock **** poor interior design

On 20/04/2010 10:05, Recliner wrote:
"Paul wrote in message

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:40:34 +0100, "Nicola Redwood"
wrote:

The seats are really uncomfortable too

And this is the biggest problem. Being a "fat lump" the seats are too
narrow but fundamentally they are also just horrible to sit on. Sure
some of the 67 stock seat covers are a long way past their sell by
date but at least there is some give or spring in the seats
themselves. Whoever decided we should be given moquette covered
planks to sit on needs to spend 12 hours riding back and forth on the
2009 stock. I wonder if they'd be able to walk afterwards.

Do you know if the new S Stock has similar hard seats? That may be more
of a problem given that District and Met line pax tend to have much
longer journeys than on the Victoria line. I think the current D stock
seats are quite comfortable, though the springy A stock seats give me
backache -- perhaps the new S stock will be worse than both.

I understand that S stock is due to enter revenue service sometime this
year, but only on the Metropolitan Line -- C and D stock are not due for
replacement until 2013.

This is what one District Line driver told me.

I wonder, then when the 62A is due to make its last run. Any word on that?

Haven't had any luck yet with 09 stock on the Victoria Line,
unfortunately. When do they plan to fully roll out stock?

I did see one at KXSP, but it was only being tested.