Old January 15th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default being let through barriers with an Oyster, a couple of Qs

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:09:09 +0000, Kat
wrote:

It's called an unresolved journey and has to be resolved by the ticket
office or by an RCI with a checker.

That IMHO is ridiculous! The tube system isn't a closed system and
the instructions on the open parts only say you have to validate if
you're a prepay user. I would also not of known about it if I hadn't
read it on here - how are the vast majority of users meant to know
that?

If you try to re-enter within your valid zone you won't be charged. If
outside the Oyster's validity, you'd probably be charged the excess to
that zone and then the extension cost back to your valid zone.

That would be stealing from you, IMHO. How do they know you travelled
there on the tube?

Of course, having some Pre Pay on your Oyster and making sure you touch
the reader at entry and exit does away with all these problems and makes
everyone's life much simpler.

So why don't they say you always have to do that? The instructions at
the validators specifically say that pre-pay users have to do it,
implying others don't