Old April 21st 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
simon[_2_] simon[_2_] is offline

Default Lots Of Persons Under Trains

wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:20:09 +0100
"simon" wrote:
You could say its liberal if I didnt advocate discipline. Using violence
is

Yes , all very emotive calling a slap "violence" isn't it. Makes all the
women and metrosexuals reach for the hankies and placards.

Didnt call a slap violence. A smack can be useful as one tool in a range of
methods, however it doesnt work with many children.

easy, discipline without that requires use of a brain, patience and
understanding - think Mary Poppins, excellent discipline with happy

I don't know if you're aware , but she's a fictional character. Just
thought
I'd fill you in on that...

OK, so you know the lady at our local school, she can halt a child with a
look at a hundred yards. Theyre not afraid of her - in fact love and respect
her. None of them have their spirit broken by her. Oh, you dont know the
lady, well think of Mary Poppins in her late 50's.

children. Violence results in cowed children and screwed up adults - now
thats evil !

Sure, whatever you say. No doubt the increasingly poor behaviour of kids
is
down to all the extra violence and school and in the home these days.

B2003

No, a lot of it is due to poor discipline either at home, at school or both.

Cheers,
Simon