Old April 22nd 10, 09:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Lots Of Persons Under Trains

In article , d
scribeth thus
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:44:55 +0100
Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,

No doubt the increasingly poor behaviour of kids is down to all the
extra violence and school and in the home these days.

Couldn't agree more. "The children now love luxury. They have bad
manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their
elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at
the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

Attributed to Socrates by Plato.

Swings and roundabouts. Kids are less well behaved than 30 years ago. But
they're probably better behaved than 200 years ago. Everything goes in
cycles but thats no reason to be complacent.

B2003

My dad was a right sod in the early 30's but I wasn't an angel either in
the 60's in fact a lot of people have commented that our three offspring
are very well behaved perhaps its due to their rather strict French born
mother who "has ways" of controlling them..

And that doesn't mean giving them a good kicking up the backside or
walloping them either!....
--
Tony Sayer