Old April 22nd 10, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Yellow front panels

"David Cantrell" wrote in message

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 02:34:55PM +0100, Recliner wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote in message
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 09:50:22AM +0100, Recliner wrote:
Talking of which, I came across this YouTube video of an unusual
rail tour, with LU battery locos topping and tailing Mk2 Gatwick
Express stock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpibombER74
Wow!
Do you know if that tour included any of the cut n cover sections?
Or are mk 2s too fat to fit?

I don't know about that tour, but I think there have been others that
have taken old BR stock through the sub-surface tunnels (doesn't LU
own a few carriages?). Remember that A Stock is wider than most
(all?) BR stock.

Ah, but BR stock is generally longer, so wouldn't be able to get round
curves that the dinky little LUL trains can - mk2s are 19.6m, A stock
is 16.something.

Yes, good point -- some parts of the Circle line would probably be
prohibited for that reason.