Old April 24th 10, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fat richard Fat richard is offline

Default The TfL Journey Planner and the 25

On 18 Apr, 20:50, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that when either the Central Line and/or the
National Express service is down between Liverpool Street and Stratford, the
TfL Journey Planner seems to refuse to admit to the existence of the No 25
despite it being the official recommended alternative route (rail
replacement buses don't seem to ever be laid on)? I've been recommended all
manner of bizarre alternate routes around the houses, particularly via
Walthamstow Central/Queens Road, even when the 25 offers a direct,
interchangeless journey.

Is this a standard TfL strategy or something exceptional for east London?

I cannot speak for TFL, but is it possible that if this were
advertised in disruption, it would become over run ?

I know that there are some TOCs that have ticket acceptance on
alternatives that are not advertised widely, simply because the amount
of commuters "in the know" already outstrips the demand for the
alternative when the poo hits the extractor.

The single car unit (class 153) operating between Bedford & Bletchley
is one that springs to mind amongst others.

Richard