Old April 25th 10, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Tube test train drivers

On 25/04/2010 06:55, upinthesky wrote:
On Apr 25, 2:53 am, Basil wrote:
I met one today... I had no idea that anyone did that as their full job.
Do they get paid more or less than a normal driver, and more or less
than a T/op?

They get paid more than a Train Operator as they have to know all
stocks and all lines. They also rake in the overtime as they can be
stuck in depots and sidings for operational reasons.

Always thought that a driver would work both hauling passengers and that
testing trains would be some sort of special assignment.

You would nonetheless require a higher qualification.