Old April 25th 10, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT - Belgian Coast tram

On 25/04/2010 15:27, Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:33:03 +0100, "
wrote:

[snip]

I hear that Ghent is also very beautiful.

Well there is much of Belgium that is worth a look. Ghent, Oostende,
Brugges, the coast, Antwerp, Brussels. Even a crazy ride on the trams
at Charleroi were worth doing if only to see the sparse conurbation at
Anderlues and to discover the Lobbes - Thuin museum line. This was
back in the 80s and I know things have changed somewhat in and around
Charleroi.

The South of the country, much less visited by Britons is also often a
surprise.

I used to work quite a bit in Liege and the Ardennes and some of it
really is delightful. (Especially the drive up the Meuse from Liege
towards Dinand and beyond to places like Bastogne.)

The ride from Brussels to Luxembourg City via train is also very pretty.