Old January 15th 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Live ETA on Bakerloo Line

Thomas Crame wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Thomas Crame wrote:
"Jaime" wrote in message
.. .
I see this new trial service on the tfl web site, seems like its
a reasomably good idea. Any idea if its avaliable via wap or if
theres a cut down text version sutiable for gprs browsing (too
much data on the normal page).

I've said this in other places but never before here. This IS NOT a
new idea. It is a development of an programme written for LUL staff
use only about five years ago. TfL have simply taken it over and
given the original program author no credit for it.

Many new ideas get trialled internally first. What you're saying is
that a program written for LUL staff use is now being used by LUL in
the public domain. Why do you expect an author's credit? Do you
want vast lists of names on their website like the credits on a
film?

LUL are giving the impression that this is their brand new idea. They
give the credit to the company that produced their website, why not
to the author of tracker. Is it because he now works for Metronet,
and LUL doesn't want to give their private sector partner credit?

Oh, stop whingeing. You'll just have to find another way of getting your
name up in lights somewhere.
--
Richard J.

Richard J.